Loading...
12/5/2012 Minutes CITY OF BOULDER, COLORADO BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS MEETING MINUTES FORM NAME OF BOARD/COMMISSION: Boulder Junction Access District Joint Commission Meeting - Parking and Travel Demand Management NAME/TELEPHONE OF PERSON PREPARING SUMMARY: Ruth Weiss - 303-413-7318 NAMES OF MEMBERS, STAFF, AND INVITED GUESTS PRESENT: BOARD MEMBERS: KOVAL, DAWSON (absent), PAWLOWSKI, PEDERSEN, SHANAHAN, SUTHERLAND (absent) STAFF: WINTER, WEISS, LLANES, HAGELIN, MATTHEWS, BRACKE GUESTS: RYAN MOORE TYPE OF MEETING: Regular December 5, 2012 AGENDA ITEM 1- Roll Call: Meeting called to order at 9:06 a.rn. AGENDA ITEM 2 - Approval of the October 10, 2012 Joint Meeting Minutes (Action Item Below) AGENDA ITEM 3 - Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: All Conflicts of Interest were filed with the Secretary of State. Jeff Shanahan and Scott Pedersen, Pedersen Development have a conflict of interest with the Lease Purchase Agreement and will recused themselves from the discussion. The Disclosure Filing process with the Secretary of State has been completed. AGENDA ITEM 4 - Public Participation: None AGENDA ITEM 5 - 2013 Council Retreat- Questions for Boards and Commissions: Winter requested the commission to submit their council priorities as an opportunity to provide feedback for the council retreat in January, 2013. Feedback is to be provided to council as a board. Pedersen questioned if Winter will compile and ask for commission response to the compilations. A special meeting can be arranged to discuss priorities but it must be submitted to council by 12/28. Koval questioned if staff had direction for the commission. Winter replied that the planning for the garage in Depot Square and starting to plan for strategies and opportunities for parking in the northern part of the district for development of the parcels in this area, MU4 properties, north of the creek. Winter mentioned that the District is designed for shared parking throughout. Winter is looking to meet with all the property owners and, if the development changes, the focus will change as well as the parking demand. This would be the first priority. If the development scenarios change, so does the parking demand and the needs. EPS commented that as the assumptions change so does the analysis. The district needs to keep pace with the development. Winter suggested clarifying the role of each commission in presenting their issues and for people to understand the two districts. Llanes mentioned that there cannot be a meeting online. Winter will receive all the comments and return to commissioners for reply. Winter suggested that commissioners think broadly about their priorities. AGENDA ITEM 6 - Matters from the Commissioners: Pedersen questioned if Sutherland is setting a stage for a development project that includes parking and Winter replied affirmatively. Winter continued that it's about what and when. Koval mentioned that the system currently in place needs to be examined as part of it, look at standards set forth. Koval offered is it working as designed and does it need to be tweaked? Winter offered that the district needs to make a certain amount of analysis between the zoning and how it is designed. Winter mentioned that there is a city staff meeting in the next couple of weeks to discuss same. Pedersen asked if the district should provide input on the zoning and Winter confirmed with a particular focus on access. AGENDA ITEM 7 - Matters from the Staff: Shared parking in the district was questioned. Winter mentioned the Condo Dee has not been finalized and the next step is the Condo Map. It will be available for review at the end of this week and a group meeting set for the 13". Pawlowski asked what condos were being discussed. Winter replied that it's a condominium association for Depot Square with Hyatt, RTD and City of Boulder, a number of different owners, mixed use project, very complicated, getting close, and as soon as the review process is complete, it will be presented to the boards. The Parking Management Agreement is getting close to finalization. The Lease Purchase Agreement is waiting for signature for Haddock to make modifications to the declarations for ownership to be an acceptable owner so the owner can receive the revenues. Winter offered that the latest copy is in the packet. Winter wanted to confirm the meeting schedule for the first Wednesday of the month. Pawlowski and Pedersen requested 1 cancellation of the January 2 meeting. Koval questioned if the commission needs to review all documents. Llanes asked for direction and Koval asked i f the commission needs to give approval of the final form. Llanes offered that it could move forward and Winter will look out for any material changes and advise. Koval questioned if staffs changes were incorporated. Winter commented that staff will make the call of the material changes and the impact; Condo Dec and Parking Management and Lease Agreements will be at staff's discretion. Pawlowski questioned the January meeting, Winter offered that typically boards and commissions have retreats, and, as a new board, if would you like to talk more in-depth, it's a public meeting, what the work plan for 13 is, the agenda is typically set by the board and follows a certain format. It is a decision of the board and the retreat could replace the January 2 meeting. Pedersen and Pawlowski would like to have a retreat. Winter continued that the retreat is a few hours and the agenda is generated by the board. Times will be review and provided to commission. January will be reviewed for the retreat. Winter mentioned a memo to the commissioners regarding financing of Depot Square spaces and the potential of the districts bonding capacity and the lack of interest on the loan. Hagelin, GoBoulder, wanted the board to know about a joint study of a citywide eeo pass beginning in January for six months, looking at a variety of scenarios, municipalities and unincorporated, community wide EcoPass, the City of Boulder is interest in the concept since there are two community EcoPass programs now. Focus on the county will cover a good amount of incoming commuting and there will be some ramifications on how the passes are provided. Pawlowski asked for a definition of the community wide EcoPass. Hagelin responded that it could be by property tax owners, employees into Boulder, and would mean a new contract. Pawlowski complimented Matthews on his article in IPI. Meeting adjourned at 9:40.m. with Pawlowski motioned to adjourn and Pedersen seconded the motion. All commissioners approved. ACTION ITEMS: MOTION: Koval motioned to approve the October 10, 2012 RJAD Joint Meeting minutes. Pawlowski seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously by all commissioners. FUTURE MEETINGS: January 2, 2012 Council Chambers Regular Meeting APPROVED BY: BOULDER JUNCTION -ACCESS DISTRICT JOINT COMMISSION IvIEETING APKING AND TDM Attest: Ruth Weiss, Secretary John Pawlowski, Chair, M S'oott Pedersen, Chair, Parking 2