Loading...
Minutes - 3/31/2003DO NOT REMOVE - PRAB File Matenal City of Boulder '"'' Parks and Recreation Advisory Board '~-' Minutes March 31, 2003 City Council Chambers 1777 Bmadway 6 p.m. The followang are the minutes of the March 31, 2003 City of Boulder Parks and Recreataon Advisory Board meet~ng (PRAB). A permanent set of these m~nutes and a tape recording (ma~ntaaned for a penod of 6 years) are retained an Central Records (telephone 303-441-3043) Board Present: Chazles Manlove, Chair; Susan Osborne, Vice Chair, Thomas Sanford, Suzanne O'Neill, Pam Hoge, Ed von Bleichert and Stu Stuller Staff Present: Jan Geden, Jeff Lakey, Jamie Sabbach, Doug Hawthome, Georgia Jackson, Kate Bernhazdt, Ten Olander, Julya Bridgewater, Ann Wichmann, Lisa Bondi, Cate Bradley, Colleen F~tzgerald, Kate Love, Carol Elhnghouse, Ahce Guthue Jill Krantz, Valmont Crty Pazk Management and Plannmg Ass~stance ~+ Team (MPAT) ~~... I. APPROVAL OF AGENDA The agenda was approved as subrtutted II. OATH OF OFFICE FOR NEW BOARD MEMBERS Ed von Bleichert read his Oath of Office mto the record Stu Stuller read his Oath of Office mto the record. III. ELECTION OF OFFICERS Osborne opened nommauons for Chau of the Pazks and Recreation Advisary Board. Sanford norrunated Charles Manlove. Hoge nommated Susan Osborne. Osborne closed nonunations ,.,, Manlove was elected Cha~r of the Parks and Recreat~on Advisory Board for 2003. ~ '""" Osborne opened nonunarions for the Vice Chau. '~... Manlove norrunated Susan Osborne Osborne closed nominations. Osborne was elected Vice Chau of the Pazks and Recreation Advisory Boazd for 2003. IV. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION Cit~zen Participation was opened Ben Seltzer, 665 Manhattan Dnve #7, Boulder 80303, ceded his time to Chr~s Greahsh Daniel McKmnon, 1935 Grove Street, Boulder 80302, ceded his time to Ctuis Greahsh Clark Sheehan, 1327 Penwmkle Drive, Boulder 80304, ceded lus time to Chns Grealish. Alan Kupczak, 2201 Pearl Street #218, Boulder 80302, ceded his ume to Chns Greahsh Chns Grealish, 330 31s` Street, Boulder 80305, speakmg on behalf of Boulder Denver Couners Cyclmg Club, said competitive cyclmg was a user group wrth unmet needs m ~ Boulder. Greahsh said cyclmg groups would hke a facihty that could be used for racmg and trazmng young people He expressed frustration over the fact that his group would have to razse $1 4 nullion to build a facihty at Valmont City Park (VCP) and would then be able to use the facilrty only 35 days per yeaz Grealish proposed usmg the existmg 1 1 nule loop at Stazio [Ballfields] on a permanent part time basis for cychng groups He stated that rt would be viable if changes were made to the flow of pazkmg for the mam sofrball field Osborne asked Grealish what the cycling commumty would actually need Grealish responded that they would reeed a 1 1 m~le loop 22 feet wede and sazd the cost to retro~t the loop at Stazio would be a fraction of the cost for construct~on of a new facalaty. Grealzsh offered to return to the PRAB w~th rendenngs from a landscape archatect that would give the Board a sense of how has plan would look Sanford said he would hke to see the plan von Bleichert asked for claufication about Greahsh's comment that users currently going out to Stazio would have to compromise and asked if that would be m addition to or in lieu of the retrofits Greal~sh replaed that eather parktng for fields wathm the loop would need to be relocated or races would have to began after everyone arraved for a game Crystal Gray, 1709 Spruce, Boulder 80302, spoke m support of a pocket park at Bluff and 23`d Streets. Gray said if the property could not be purchased at this time she would lilce Boazd members to actively comment (when the srte goes through the land use P,., process) that they would like to see the property negotiated to remam open to the public '~ PRAB Meehng Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 2 Gray mvrted Boazd members and staff to come to a neighborhood meeting to visrt the '"'~' dome sIIe and walk [hrough the neighborhood. Geden repleed that staff would l~ke to ""` attend a neeghborhood meetang and asked to be notified of ineeting dates Dav~d Newman, 2502-B Bluff Street, Boulder 80304, spoke about deed restricuons on the dome property as they relate to keepmg the property as a park Newman stated that over the yeazs ne~ghbors have periodically had to go before the Plannmg Boazd each time proposals for modifications have come up He asked Boazd members to keep the door open for this potential purchase Chnstme Arden, 2502 Bluff Street, Boulder 80304, asked PRAB members to keep the door open for future discussions and possible negotiations for the dome property She spoke about the constant use of the property as a pazk and said rt was a true asset to the neighborhood. Judy Gilbert, 2502-A Bluff Street, Boulder 80304, asked Board members for theu support m keepmg the dome property as a pazk, regardless of who should purchase the property She spoke about the benefits to the neighborhood for keepmg the property as a pocket park. Crt~zen Participauon was closed V. CONSENT AGENDA ~ ~-- The mmutes of Februazy 24 were approved as submIIted VI. MATTERS FROM THE DEPARTMENT A. Jamie Sabbach introduction and welcome Geden mtroduced Jamie Sabbach, the new Recreahon Supermtendent of Pazks and Recreation, to Boazd members. Sabbach said she was honored to be a part of the department because of Boulder's qualRy of hfe as well as Boulder's reputation m the field of Recreation She spoke about her previous work m recreation and her bnef time as an educator. Sabbach said she sees her role as a champion of efforts for such a talented staff, stnvmg for conhnuous improvement m all programs, services and facihties. Board members welcomed Sabbach. Geden briefly updated Boazd members on CounciPs discussion on the Education Excise Talc (EET) fundmg Geden stated that Council approved spendmg $1.8 mill~on for tracks and synthet~c turf at both Fairview and Boulder High ,,.. Schools In addition Council approved spendmg $30K for the ~omt needs ~ PRAB MeeUng IvHnutes 03/31/2003 - Page 3 assessment between the School Distnct and Pazks and Recreation Council did '""` not approve fundmg up to $40K for design support at VCP but aze wilhng to `"' discuss the matter afrer results of school consohdarion discussions are known. Geden added that one item is still bemg negotiated with the School District so funds will not be allocated until the two parties come to terms. Geden said that both sides aze workmg on a deadhne for when the School District will mform staff about what School District sponsored programs will be held durmg the summer on those fields [Master Jomt Use Agreement]. Geden added that as soon as that is decided a Weekly Information Packet (WIP) item would be prepared for Counc~l and Board members would be mformed as well. Hawthorne spoke about the Columbia Cemetery Ordinance process. He mformed Board members that the ordmance went through the first readmg wrthout pubhc comment but that the item was pulled from the consent agenda for discuss~on at the second readmg when several Council members expressed concern about restrictions on throwmg snowballs and usmg the cemetery afrer hours. Hawthorne stated that staff was workmg with the crty attorneys on how to change the ordmance before gomg back to Council for a second reading on April 15. Hawthorne spoke about grant funds that have been used for restorat~on of grave markers m Columbia Cemetery. Because of concerns for potential mjury from falling headstones, Hawthome stated that headstones m danger of falhng over r^ would be laid down on the ground He added that efforts would contmue to '~-- restore headstones, as funds become available Hawthorne said there would be a neighborhood meetmg at the end of April to educate the public about why the headstones would be laid down. Osbome said she would not hke to see the headstones laid down without a clear timetable of when they can be restored to an upright posrtion She expressed concern for theft, erosion and vandalism if headstones aze placed on the ground. Hawthorne repl~ed that staff did not want to lay headstones down on the ground but sa~d the issue was metagating rzsk Sanford said if the risk were such, the headstones would have to be laid down He added that the ordmance should mclude hours for use and should also mclude the prohibrtion of throwmg snowballs. Geden sazd the challenge zs to maantaan the communaty asset as well as mainta~ning the corrzmunery feel and usage of the asset She added that arguments have been heard on both scdes for us~ng the cemetery as a park and for preserving ~t as a cemetery. Geden sa~d the dec~saon would probably be made at the Council level because preservataonists feel very dafferently from active recreataon people Hoge mquired about the number and location of the heads[ones m question. Hawthorne replaed that 300 headstones were an danger of falleng and that those headstones were scattered throughout the cemetery. Hoge asked if the ~..., headstones could be propped up Hawthorne spoke about the aesthetacs and ~~.r PRAB Meetmg Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 4 dzfficulty of placing 4 x 4 posts an the ground when some graves are only 18 '~' znches deep W... von Bleichert expressed concern about the length of ume the headstones could be hor~zontal on the ground. He asked if experts could be consulted about how long the headstones could be on the ground and potential for damage to the headstones from the elements Hawthorne spoke of possebly moving and stonng some of the lighter weeght headstones Hawthorne saed staff would ask the preservatton expert how long the headstones could be flat without caus:ng damage. O'Neill asked if staff would post signs about what is happemng and why. Hawthorne replaed in the affirntative He also encouraged Board members to check out the Columbia Cemetery web szte VII. MATTERS FROM BOARD MEMBERS von Bleichert asked that the Sub-committee/Liaison appointments be placed on [he next agenda now that the PRAB is staffed for another yeaz von Bleichert mquued about the recychng mitiatrve that was d~scussed last yeaz. Hawthome repl~ed that staff now has recycling conta~ners and wall start the program ~^"`- von Bleichert sazd smce Board members have expressed an mterest m havmg money and ~-- potential for land acquisrtions he felt they should have a discussion regazdmg land acquisition relatrve to the Master Plan, and that the discuss~on should be sooner rather than later Hoge asked if there would be discussion on VCP at the April meetmg wrth regard to the warkplan, amount of savmgs that will occur and a template for the partnership process Geden responded an rhe a~rmatave. Manlove said if the dome parcel comes up for a redevelopment process there rmght be a possibihty of obtazmng the parcel as a park out of some discrehonazy review process. Manlove asked for clarification on the vazious bicycle groups and said Greahsh's idea [spoke m Citizen Participahon] may have some merrt, dependmg on the level of conflict Manlove said a memo updatmg the Board on this ~ssue might be helpful Geden suggested Lakey meet w~th Grealzsh and report back m the Board +~~+ ~ PRAB MeeLng Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 5 VIII. ITEMS FOR ACTION ~ `'~ A. Public hearing and consideration of a motion to name the park known as "Elmer's Two Mile" Presenters: Jan Geden, CPRP, Director of Parks and Recreation Cate Bradley, Parks and Recreation Planner Bradley spoke about a handout presented to the Boazd that suggested nammg a park or ballfield after Harold Copeland. Bradley asked Boazd members to keep him m rmnd for future nammg of a pazk of ballfield ' The Pubhc Heanng was opened. Mary Ann Shake, 2633 Tumwater Lane, Boulder 8030_, expressed support for nammg the park Elmer's Two Mile Park. The Publ~c Hearmg was closed On a mohon by Osborne, seconded by Sanford, the Parks and Recreahon Advisory Board voted unammously (7 - 0) to name the park site located south of Ins Avenue, between Folsom Street and 28`" Street, as Elmer's Two M~le Park. IX. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION/INFORMATION ,~ ~.. A. Dmught update Pmsenter: Carol E1Gnghouse, Water Resources Coordinator Ellinghouse handed out excerpts from the Drought Plan to the Board, spoke about the four stages of drought and provided Boazd members wrth an overview of Boulder's water supply Her presentation mcluded mformation on water rights, stream flow and future water supply. Ellinghouse addressed the issue of using graywater for urigation. She stated that graywater m Colorado is not commonly used because the appropnation system has a graywater use system built-m and retum flows are the water drversions for users downstream She added that Colorado water is used and reused many trmes before rt hIIs the state hne. Sanford asked how other Colorado commuruties aze able to use graywater Ellinghouse responded that those commun~ties have a lot more water nghts that are decreed to allow reuse She added that the concept of reuse came along en recent years and is something that newer communUaes benefit from When Boulder acquered its water nghts at was not common then to claim the reuse. O'Neill spoke about Irvme, Califorma's allocatmg water block accounts and ~ asked ~f Public Works' staff had looked mto that. Ellanghouse responded that it '~..~ PRAB Meetmg Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 6 as a long-term solution that would affect rate structure and balling computer "d programs She stated that Boulder already has a three-block structure that has ~"' ancreasang blocks where the cost increases weth tncreased water usage Hoge asked where the 10 percent water conservation/reductron was to occur residential, commercial or mdustnal use? Ellenghouse responded that ~t would be a cut back an overall per capita consumptaon Ellznghouse stated that the area for the greatest conservateon as outdoor arr~gateon use, addang that a large part of the conservat~on program is aimed at educahon on how to efficaently arngate and maintain lawns Ellmghouse also spoke about targetmg mdustnal water conservation through the PACE program, use of drverse landscapmg and a poss~ble rebate program for low flow toilets. von Bleichert asked if there were thmgs learned from the drought that should contmue after the drought. Ellinghouse responded that restricting arragatzon between the hours of 10 a m. and 6 p m. has been a key etern for the water conservation educatzon system for the past few years. She added that most years there are no restraetaons on hours for arngation, in part because it's dafficult to patrol von Bleichert asked if Pazks and Recrearion will have a water allocation for this ' year. Geden repleed that unless Councal dec:des otherwase, the Czry Manager `-~- wall determane what stage of drought the city as en and then the depanment rvell have a water allocataon. Stuller asked when the City Manager will make that deternunation Ellinghouse repleed that at would be around med May. Board members Ihanked Ellmghouse for her presentation Note The order of the agenda was changed and Item IX-E was done at this time B. City's 2004 - 2005 budget process Presenters: Julya Bridgewater, Admin Services Division Director Kate Love, Finance Director Love gave Board members an overview of the presentation given to Council members at theu retreat. She spoke about the economy, the City's General and Pubhc Safety Funds, the magnrtude of the budget gaps, some of the major factors, some steps akeady taken and steps planned to be taken to address the issues. r~ ~ PRAB Meeung Mmutes 03/31 /2003 - Page 7 Sanford said rt was his opmion that Pubhc Safety should be part of the General `"~ Services of the City and the way the Pubhc Safety Tarc was packaged was totally ``" wrong He said he thmks it would be better if they re-packaged it in another form and format so that he could support it Osbome thanked Love and said the presentatron was exceedmgly helpful Osborne asked when Board members would see the proposed budget cuts. Bndgewater replied that staff would have the proposed operatang budget for the April PRAB meehng and the proposed capital budget in May Bridgewater added that the proposed budget cuts would anclude • efficiencies, tncreased revenues and cuts amountang to 20 percent. Staf'f wel[ also give Board members thear recommendataon at that tcme L,ove stated that the Crty Manager will probably take approximately tluee- quarters of the proposed cuts, leavmg some rtems untouched. Osborne asked if recommendations could be made for things that would not be cut Love responded m the affirmarive and recommended packagmg cuts together. Br~dgewater saad she antzcepated two packages one package that raises fees qu~te a bit and doesn't cut so many serv~ces and another package that raases fees in a moderate amount and cuts servaces. von Bleichert asked if mcreased fees (revenue) would be broken out between resident and non-res~dent fees. Bredgewater replied in the a~rmative and said /^ staff would follow Councel's guedelines that non-residents pay 25% more than `~ residents pay von Bleichert asked if it can be determmed wh~ch services m~ght be heavily used by non-residents when lookmg at what needs to be cut. Geden and Bndgewater repl~ed that staff would look at that. Love spoke about the development of Crossroads and said it would be several yeazs before sales taJC revenues were generated. Osborne said she thmks it will be diff'icult to raise fees considerably as a way to deal wrth budget shortfalls She asked if that should be part of the package going to voters because iYs really about keepmg recreational actrvities access~ble to the pubhc Love replied that Council would dectde later when they see what the issues are Love sazd that add:ng revenue anto the electaon question would make tt even more d~cult to understand. Hoge asked if m the context of the amount of money spent per caprta, Boulder has histoncally been a commumty Ihat spent a lot more money per person than other commumties. And is Boulder now m an economic srtuation that is brmgmg the c~ty down to the level of other commumties~ I,ove replaed an the affirmative but added that over the years those funds had been allocated to areas to whach other communaties don't necessarily allocate money ~ W..~ PRAB Meetmg Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 8 von Bleichert asked if proposed budget cuts could be priorit~zed Love +""'' responded an the affirmative. von Bleichert said he wanted to remmd the Crty "r' Manager that better cultural practices mean a reduction m the use of pesticides and the amount of water used for urigation. Geden sa~d there have been no pest~cides used at Pleasant View F:elds or around the fields and due to good mazntenance there are no noxious weeds at Pleasant Veew Ceden added that the real challenge as going to be with the current condetion of so~l at Pleasant V~ew fields, facing cutbacks in the cultural practaces that staff had been able to mainta~n and the effect that wall have on the spreading of noxious weeds Von Bleichert said this gets to the issue of how Council made a budget pohcy of saymg if fundmg comes back th~s is the fust place they want to restore funds. As budgets get cut and mamtenance operahons are wt departments get further behmd. von Bleichert asked if budgets improve will there be some way of fundmg a catch up~ Geden said there are programs that truly espouse our communaty values that are very expensive to maantain such as good land management, good cultural practaces, not useng peshczdes and praarze dog management. Although the depanment wants to maentain and uphold commun~ty values, the prtce tag may be too high at thts po~nt in ttme What are the long-term effects going to be and what happens when the Caty ~s on a more solid ground? Geden sa~d that's when the c~ry wall need suppon from the Board and its cattzens. Geden added that the department as~ust now facang recovery from the drought and the assocaated pnce tag She stated that the department has huge tssues at as faeing --- C. Update on West Nile Virus/Mosquito Monitoring and Control Plan Presenter: Alice Guthrie, City IPM Coordinator Guthrie sazd the Boulder County Health Department is very concerned about what the C~ty of Boulder will do m terms of West Nile Vuus control. Guthrie said while the city does not have an adopted plan, it is workmg to develop a plan She added that Boulder County does have a nuisance mosqu~to control plan where they treat standmg water bodies with Bti {Bacillus thunngiensis] to contro] mosquito lazvae von Bleichert asked what Guthne is askmg of the Pazks and Recreation staff on a day-to-day basis m terms of mamtenance people. rooftops, checkmg for water, reportmg water, emptymg water, and fillmg m tue tracks. He asked how staff is bemg mvolved m that first hne of defense. Guthrae satd dascusseons have not addressed resources to do that yet, other than the need to look at m~tigation and preventeon that can be done on a routane basis Hoge said she would hke to review the draft plan. She asked if Bti kills thmgs other than rrudge and fly larvae and whether it is toxic to any other animals Guthrae sa~d at k~lls flies, mosquitoes and mtdges but does not impact the water or harm water wildlife ~ ~ PRAB Meeung Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 9 von Bleichert said it would be difficult to express support for the general ~ d~rection of the city efforts and proposed plan when the memo did not specify the """" crty's plan. Guthrae responded by saying that staff would propose larvae treatment and not spraying. She added that the Counry Health Department could requ~re the cety to do some fogging or spraying zf there as an outbreak and a lot of adult mosqu~toes are found carrying the v~rus. Manlove asked if the plan would address privately owned wetlands or other sources of mosqurto breedmg Guthne saad there are mapped wetlands and the czry can not~fy the owners and provade them weth educataon matereals Guthrae added that the c~ty does not have the resources to monetor and treat pnvately owned wetlands. Hoge asked if mosqurto-eatmg fish were being considered Guthrze sazd those fish have been found to be ~nvasave m several other states and thear departments of natural resources have come out w~th statements against thear use. She added that there as a natave mosquato-eat~ng fish that the Department of Waldlife ~s lookang at using to some degree von Bleichert said with regazd to the County potentially askmg the C~ty to spray for adult mosquitoes, he would like to see very cleazly from them what theu critena for makmg that decision would be. He would hate to see foggmg take place when less than Ol percent of adult mosquitoes would be impacted by a fog ^ - or spray Guthne asked if everyone on the PRAB agrees wIIh the general duection of the city efforts and proposed plan? Board members indecated that they were an agreement. D. Pmgress report on the Parks and Recreation Master Plan Presenter: Jeff Lakey, Parks and Recreation Planning and Development Superintendent Lakey spoke about the mtegration of landscapes through azr, water, people and wildhfe. He spoke abou[ the many user groups and the need to balance and equalize the demand and provision of service Lakey mvited Board members to call, e-mail or set up a meetmg with him to shaze theu thoughts and mtegrate theu ideas mto the process von Bleichert referred to the April 1999 memo from Ron Secnst Management Report on Ne~ghborhood and Pocket Pazk Acquisrtion Program [Attachment A to the Lamun/Dome memo] von Bleichert said he would l~ke to know what has been accomphshed smce the memo was wntten. He would l~ke to know whether those assumptions are still the same. There was d~scussion m the memo of how ,,..,, many acres the department wanted to add and von Bleichert asked how many ~ PRAB Meetmg Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 10 acres have been added smce then. Also m the memo is a list of pazkland '""" acquisition recommendations and von Bleichert asked about the status of those °~' recommendations. von Bleichert addressed the issue of land acquisrt~on He wanted to know if the mabihty to develop immediately or currently maintam would be a deal breaker or is there a way [o work around tha[~ He sa~d he thmks [here is a benefit to acquumg land for future development Geden suggested the Boazd have a committee of two that is more mvolved on a regulaz basis than the mtervals [hat staff will have for Boazd mteraction, discussion or study session as it relates to Master Plan wi[lun the entue process. Geden asked Board members to tlunk about it as rt will be on the agenda for the Apn128 meering E. Lamun/Domell'WCA/Peanut Butter Players/Toadstool Playhouse site Presenter: Jeff Lakey, Parks and Recreation Planning and Development Superintendent Osborne thanked Lakey for the memo and said rt clarified a lot of tlungs for the Boazd She added that the possibility of acquirmg th~s small piece of property at little or no cost at some pomt m the development process is somethmg to keep m mmd and stay on top of. Osborne said she is mterested m acquumg the property. d-- O'Neill concurred wrth Osborne and remmded staff that neighbors had said they would be willmg to mamtam the property and enhance some of the plantings von Bleichert said he apprec~ated the clazification in the memo von Bleichert asked if the land is deeded as park or playground only would it remam accessible to the neighborhood Lakey responded that the property is private land that could be fenced and access restncted whale still meeteng the terms of the covenant Stuller asked ~f the property would really appraise at $1 3 nullion wrth the deed restrichon on it Lakey repl~ed that the realtor indzcated the small park site could be purchased for $349K. Hoge asked if other options could be employed to obtain the property such as an easement or Pubhc Private Partnership She gave an example where the crty would pay $100K and neighbors would come up wIIh $200K Hoge suggested staff look at alternative ways to purchase neighborhood parks Lakey saed he apprecaated Hoge's adeas for creatave approaches to meet park needs and takang care of the publ~c's money in that way. He said at was a good ~dea to have a contanuang daalogue with the neaghborhood about what m~ght work. PRAB Meehng Mmutes 03/3 U2003 - Page 11 Hoge said she would hke to be able to respond to unexpected opportumt~es by '""~ havmg some type of contmgency funds ~ Manlov~ spoke of the potenrial to acquue the propeRy at no cost sometime m the future if staff were willmg to take on the mamtenance. Sanford concurred with Manlove and said he would l~ke to acquue the property but not for $349K. He spoke on how [he Boazd has said m the past that they would like to be able to respond to opportunrties as they occur. He said he beheves staff has a pnority of thmgs they want to do grven budget cuts Sanford said he would prefer to pnorit~ze pro~ects and ideas such as this to determme whether they aze high enough on the hst to pursue or spend money on, grven the depar[ment's finrte resources O'Neill said she recalled that last yeaz there wasn't a parcel m a densely populated opportumty that the Board was mterested m but Board members wanted to make sure that if thmgs changed they would retam the flexibility to do so The very clear answer at that time was yes and was not layered with the fac[ that it would take a very long tune or that it would be very cumbersome She stated that she hoped somethmg could be worked out m the future for when opporturuties like this come up Lakey replaed that an opportunity fund was planned to began next year for $100K/year but because of budget shortfalls at has been delayed for four years ~ Geden added that the department would always be open to opportumties. If such an opportunity is deternuned [o be a higher pnorrty, then Board members need to understand the associated resource or tune impacts Osborne said she would hke to be able to do smaller pro~ects that would meet neighborhood needs m small ways - such as the small pazk where water and a shed were needed to create a commumty gazden last yeaz. Lakey suggested that m the future Board members call hun when they have such opportumties they would like to discuss. X. FUTURE BOARD ITEMS AND TOURS Tour of Lange, Feder and Hill azeas of Maxwell Lake pnor to the Apn128 meetmg Lakey will e-mail Board members w~th possible dates XI. NEXT BOARD MEETING: Monday, Apri128, 2003 PRAB Meetmg Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 12 ""'" XII. ADJOURN .,..- The meetmg ad~oumed at 10 18 p m. APPROVED BY PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD Charles Manlove Board Chau Attest Georgia Jackson Recordmg Secretary ~ ~ PRAB Meetmg Mmutes 03/31/2003 - Page 13