Loading...
Signed Minutes - 1/29/2001 ~ ~ City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Minutes January 29, 2001 City Council Chambers 1777 Broadway 6:00 p.m. The followmg are the minutes of the January 29, 2001 City of Bou[der Parks and Recreateon Advisory Board meeting A permanent set of these minutes and a tape recording (maintained for a period of 6 years) are retained in Central Records (telephone • 441-3043) Board Present: Gwen Dooley, Vice Chair, Charles Manlove, Pam Hoge, Susan Osbome, Dave Wmmg, Edwatd von Bleichert Board Absent: Will Meyer, Chair Staff Present: Ctuzs Dropmski, Ken Ramsey, Doug Hawthome, Georgia Jackson, Lmda Kotowski, Ruta O'Connor, Dave Brown, Ten Olander, Kate Bernhazdt, Ann Wichmann, Julya Bndgewater I. APPROVAL OF AGENDA The agenda was approved as subrrutted II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES November 27, 2000 Minutes were approved as amended. December 11, 2000 Mmutes were approved as subnutted. December 18, 2000 Mmutes were approved as amended ~,"'"` ~ III. CITIZEN PARTICIPATION A-- ``" As so many people wished to speak about Pleasant View F~elds, Doug Hawthome, Pazks Supenn[endent, gave an overview of what the Boazd and Staff would d~scuss later m the evenmg. Hawthome satd no dec~sion would be made dunng the meetmg and that s[aff would be askmg for mput from Boazd members on how mamtenance and vandalism issues at Pleasant V~ew oughtto be addressed Cihzen Participation was opened Ryan Holmes, 3005 15th Street, Boulder 80304, a soccer player and coach spoke about the lack of prachce fields for youth soccer Bnan Biffle, 3005 15`~ Street, Boulder 80304, Boulder NOVA PDL soccer player, also spoke about the lack of prachce fields for soccer Hansen Rada, 3005 15'" Street, Boulder 80304, owner of Boulder NOVA (semi-pro soccer team), sud that the players l~ke to give back to the commumty by coaclvng youth soccer - but sazd it was difficult to find fields for prachce. Rada also sa~d that Pleasant View Fields aze the finest he has ever played on and urged the Boazd to keep them [hat way. Dr. Dave Hibbazd, 3712 Wonderland Hill, Boulder 80304, Pres~dent of Boulder Valley `~ Lacrosse Associahon, said that m 1991 there were 45 kids playmg lacrosse and that 450 ~ kids played last year. He added that 80 percent of those players aze from the city of Boulder and also spoke about the difficulty of findmg fields to play and prachce. Mazgie Riksheim, 762 8`" Street, Boulder 80302, Field Commissioner for the BC Force Soccer Club, said that she was the one to be contacted by police when adults fought over grass space, or when CU frat teams amved and moved young kids off the field. She added that over 5,000 adult and youth soccer, lacrosse, basebail, and softball players compete for grass space between 4 p m and dark every spnng and fall She urged the Boazd to revisit the postponement of the EBCC practice fields and to keep the green space m Valmont Crty Pazk as open and playable grassy space Gma Simmenng, 4623 Jameston Street, Boulder 80301, stated that she has three kids m Boulder 7umor Soccer and spoke about the lack of playmg fields Simmenng said that at the end of the season there were two football teams and four soccer teams playmg on one field at Burbank Rob Johnson, 3132 Eastwood Court, Boulder 80304, Director of Coachmg, Boulder County Force, spoke about the lack of practice fields. He stated that developmg fields at EBCC would be a big help to the communrty ~- ~, PRAB Mee[mg 1/29/Ol - Page 2 , Lois Dowrung, 1444 Oakleaf Lane, Boulder 80304, a lacrosse pazent, spoke about the ~ lack of prachce fields. She asked about usmg grassy azeas at Foothills Commumty Pazk as pracUCe fields for soccer or lacrosse Ramsey, Super~ntendent of Parks Plann~ng and Construct~on stated that the fields are open for pracnce, but that nothing could be formally schedu[ed there Ten Olander, Athleacs Adm~ntstrator said that the deparhnent did not suggest organezed play at Foothil[s Commumry Park because of previous netghborhood opposzt~on. Liz hmmerson, 1825 V iew Pomt Road, Boulder 80305, a Fazrview sophomore and soccer player, asked the Boazd to create more soccer fields She added that Pleasant View should be kept for soccer and lacrosse purposes Peter Ambrose, 1447 Wildrose Dr, L.ongmont 80503, Director of traimng for BJS and NOVA soccer, and head coach for the CU men's club team, concurred with previous speakers about the need for playmg fields He stated that Pleasant V~ew Fields were designed to be a special use fac~hty and he suppoRed the idea of a fence to deter vandalism. Enc Harmon, 4302 Peach Way, Boulder 8030_, spoke on behalf of the baseball commurury. He expressed support for addihonal soccer fields but said the need for baseball fields was more acute He added that he was upset over discuss~on at the last meehng about trumpmg baseball fields for prune dogs or npanan habitat. He said that ~ previous boards approved the six baseball fields [at Valmont City Park] and urged the ~," Boazd to mamtazn previous boazds' decisions to have the baseball fields and make it a reahty. Tom Feiereisen, 4191 S. Hampton Circle, Boulder 80301, voice opposiuon [o the possibihty of fencmg Pleasant View Soccer Fields. Smce taxpayer money was use to build the fields, Feiereisen asked the Boazd to let the commumty use the fields dunng off hours: for kids to pracuce soccer and lacrosse, and walkers and runners to go azound the penmetet It was tus opmion that less than perfect turf is acceptable and that problems at the fields were simply a management ~ssue Ian Hemsohn, 757 20"' Street #1, Boulder 80302, sazd he would hke to see BMX bikes allowed at the Scott Carpenter Skatepazk. He disagreed with safety and mazntenance issues as reasons for not allowmg BMX bikes at the skatepark. Hemsohn added that the velodrome is needed and wanted. Gwynneth Aten, 4725 Greylock Street, Boulder 80301, asked to cede her time to Barb Roper Bazb Roper stated that she had a slip from Beth Cooper, 3110 Jefferson Street, Boulder 8030_, and that Cooper w~shed to give her hme to Roper should she need it .+.. ~,r,,,, PRAB Meenng 1/29/Ol - Page 3 Bazb Roper, 216 Semmole Dnve, Boulder 80303, spoke about a small group of Boulder '^ taxpayers wantmg access to the highly specialized athletic fields at Plesantview m order °w to pracuce soccer, ~og, walk their dogs, sled or use the fields as a golf drivmg range. Roper stated that each season over 10,000 players pay neazly $200,000 to the City for use of Pleasant View Fields. She asked that a uny mmonty not be allowed to overtum the vote of the people to wluch was to keep Pleasant View Fields as a lughly specialized athletic facility Kerth Jimmerson, 1825 View Pom[ Road, Boulder 80303, asked the Boazd to keep the unique fields at Pleasant View for soccer and rugby use only. He also expressed support for the development of more soccer fields Joe Jomkas, 2975 Valmont Road #240, Boulder 80301, asked that his hme be given to Jim Creasey Laura Spazks, 2665 Dakota Place, Boulder 80304, also asked to cede her Ume to hm Creasey Jim Creasey, 911 Cleveland Ct, L,ouisv~lle 80027, asked to speak last Barbaza Keller, 77 Ilhm Court, Boulder 80303, asked to cede her tmme to John Roper Jed Mazqms, 1213 Crestmoor Dnve, Boulder 80303, asked to cede his time to John ' ~" Roper ~ John Roper, 216 Senunole, Boulder 80303, boazd member of BJS and NOVA soccer clubs, spoke about the need for addit~onal field space for soccer programs m Boulder. He stated that the bond issue for fields at Pleasant View mtended for the fields to be created as a special use facility. Roper said that mazntenance work was not enough to prevent damage to the fields While he personally hates fences, Roper expressed support for a fence around Pleasant View to prevent further vandalism. Jim Creasey, 911 Cleveland Ct, Louisville 80027, BJS and Boulder NOVA Soccer, sa~d that dogs have attacked and bitten officials dunng games at Pleasant View. Creasey stated that bamm~g dogs and other act~vihes at Pleasant View aze for safety reasons. He voiced support for a fence [at Pleasant View] because over $29,000 m damage was done m recent years to the buildmg and fields. He stated that players pay fees to the City for use of the fields yet ~oggers, golfers and dog walkers who wish to use the fields would pay no fees. Edwazd P Riedel, 150 So. 31" Street, Boulder 80305, President of Boulder Commumty Velodrome, stated that his group was workmg to razse funds For a velodrome at Valmont Cuy Pazk. He urged the Boazd [o work wIIh BCV to provide a cychng venue for the city of Boulder PRAB Meetmg I/29/Ol - Page 4 ~"'' Niles Oien, 4833 E Whrte Rock Circle, Boulder 80301, Boulder Commumty Velodrome, `'" agreed with comments made by Riedel. He sazd he hked the idea of off road ndmg and asked the Boazd to work with BCV to help them achieve their goals. Dr Tom Groover, 2725 Ins Avenue, Boulder 80304, Boulder Baseball, Inc., asked the Boazd to partner with lus group on the Fairview High School Stadmm Pro~ect which would upgrade the Fairview ballfield He requested $35,000 m matchmg funds needed to make the pro~ect happen Rick Hang, 9128 Ute Dme, Golden 80403, Boulder Baseball, Inc., and head baseball coach, said that only two fields in Boulder aze surtable for 15 to 18 year olds: Fairview H~gh School and Scott Carpenter Park He asked the Boazd for matchmg funds to upgrade Fairnew ballfields. S Scott Hake, 1965 Centenmal Dnve, Lomsville 80027, NOVA Soccer Club, addressed the mcreasmg compeUtion and need for prachce fields. He stated that the fields at Pleasant View were bu~lt as umque fields for soccer and should not be used for other purposes. Dan Gallagher, 7662 Estate Circle, Niwot 8030_, said that Pleasant View is the mcest soccer complex m the state and needs to be mamtazned that way He spoke about the need for additional prachce fields ~"' ~ Chns Echelmeir, 1401 Qumce Avenue, Boulder 80304, Boulder Commumty Veolodrome, said that a velodrome can be a mulh use facihry that is used by people of all ages He passed out a flier about an upconung meetmg that would explam m detail about BCV and how fund-raismg was to be done He mvited Boazd members to attend the meeung. Ashka Angha, 477 W Harper, Lou~sville 80027, a soccer player and coach, said he would not hke to see the Pleasant View fields become a park. He expressed support for the ~dea of fencing the fields to prevent vandalism. Citizen Participation was closed. IV. ITEMS FROM THE DIRECTOR Tlus board agreed to move this item to the end of the meeung. Dropinski ouflmed improvements to the Ins Center that would correct problems with the bu~ldmg for the ~mmediate future Two-thirds of the cost would be paid by the Facilihes and Asset Management (FAM) office m the City of Boulder and unless the Boazd raised ma~or ob~ection, the pro~ect would move ahead. There was no ob~ection from the Board ~ ..,,r PRAB Meehng I/29/Ol - Page 5 ,+~ Dropmski mformed the Boazd that graffiti appeared m the bowl at the new skatepark As ~.. a result the skatepazk may be closed unhl further nohce wtule the bowl is cleaned It is staff s mtent to mvolve the skateboazders m as much of the clean-up process as possible, mcludmg shcker removal and trash clean up wkule the park is closed. Staff is hopeful that the kids will take ownership of the park and help prevent graffih m the future Dropmski asked the Boazd to consider changmg the Mazch and May meeUng dates. As Mazch 26 is dunng spnng break, the Boazd decided to change the March meeUng to Apnl 2 The Apn123 regulaz meehng date remams unchanged. As May 28 falls on Memonal Day the Boazd agreed to change the meetmg date to May 21 V. ITEMS FROM BOARD MEMBERS This boazd agreed to move this item to the end of the meetmg. Hoge expressed mterest m the ~omt effort to enhance the Fairnew ballfields Droptnski rem~nded the Board that ~f they were to give funds to one group, all the potentzal partners could come to the Board and request funds Wmmg made the dishnct~on between Fairview and pro~ects at Valmont City Pazk, where the City's contnbuhon is the land At Fauview, the City does not own the land and Wmmg said it nught be worth the relatively small mvestment to gam legion ballfields. r"'" Osborne asked if the Foundation could help. Dropmski responded that it might not be a '"""' wise idea to spend money unhl the Foundation was m a position to raise funds Manlove sazd [he Boazd might want to have a discussion about use of fields m neighborhood and communrty pazks. Manlove said he gathered from pubhc comments that those fields aze not to be used for organized prachces and games. He felt that this was sometlung the Board irught want to discuss as a way to accommodate the mcreasmg need for fields. Drop~nski responded that zt m~ght be someth~ng for the Master Plan D~scussion Wmmg expressed concem that there would not be a ballot issue unti12002. He envisioned a ballot issue for such thmgs as mfrastructure at Valmont, the golf course renovation, potential fields at EBCC, money m reserve and the Mountam Ocean purchase Dropinski responded that staff cannot campatgn and ballot issues are not easy to pass without help from hard work:ng ctkzen groups She felt it best to start now to develop a constituency for next year. Dropenski added that it was not on the work plan and should be added ~ "'..~.- PRAB Meenng 1/29/Ol - Page 6 VI. ITEMS FOR ACTION ~'"'^ ~,,, A. Public hearing and request for an advisory recommendation on Valmont City Park Phase I parking lot options Presenters: Chris Dropinski, Director of Parks and Recreation Ken Ramsey, Superintendent of Parks Planning and Construction Kate Bernhardt, Associate Parks Planner Bemhazdt gave an overnew of parkmg lot alternatives for Valmont Crty Pazk Phase I. The Pubhc Heanng was opened Shireen M~ller, 2880 Sundown Lane #201, Boulder 80303, asked the Board to consider another location for the parkmg lot so as not to level the only existmg natural land form that is part of the Valmon[ slu pazk. Miller suggested any resultmg funds be used to support snowmakmg at Valmont Anna Gmi, 5815 Rusuc Knolls, Boulder 80301, urged the Boazd not to destroy the only tull m the park and voiced support for Ophon 1. Ricky Weiser, 4020 N. 75`" Street, Boulder 80301, stated that Peazl Street needed ~^ to be mcreased to four lanes. She sazd the Board needed to consider how to °~...- wnnect pazk development to the Goose Creek Channel and the vanous and sundry trazls that connect with Boulder Creek Weiser added that Steve Jones' paper [Valmont Pazk Wildhfe Habitat Assessment] was wonderful Gary Lacy, 485 Arapahoe, Boulder 80302, voiced his opposihon for Option D and the parkmg lot proposed on top of the hill as is would impact the only h~ll m the pazk. Lacy submitted that bikmg and walkmg would not require a pazkmg lot, rather he suggested connechons to existrng uails He also suggested usmg existmg pazkmg at ad~acent businesses The Pubhc Heazmg was closed. On a motion by Osbome, seconded by Wmmg, the Pazks and Recreation Advisory Boazd voted (5 to 1 wrth Manlove dissenung and one member absent) to provide an adv~sory recommendahon for Phase I pazking at Valmont Crty Pazk and adopt the followmg That the Boazd is conceptually m agreement with Option B. The Boazd is aware that staff will move forwazd with the biddmg, accephng of a bid and awardmg a contract wrth the followmg elements ~ ~„~,,. PRAB Meenng I/29/01 - Page 7 • Staff will pursue solutions, as temporary as possible, regazdmg ~ construction matenals (to save on costs m the event the azea is reclaimed ,,~, m the future). • Staff will pursue providmg pazkmg on the west side of ?urpoR Road to the extent possible to avo~d pedestnans havmg to cross the road • Staff will pursue allowance for handicap spaces to be as convement as possible. • Staff will srte the footpnnt of the pazkmg m a way that would not preclude other development shown on concept plan. • Staff w~ll pursue usmg Airport Road itself for as many spaces as poss~ble to preserve other land needed for other purposes. • Pursue concept of Ophon C(offsrte pazkmg) to augment the 32 spaces. • Construct Airport Road only as faz as necessary to the east to allow appropnate access to parkmg (so as not to use unnecessary fundmg to build more road than needed) • Allow mmimally for a bus turnazound/backup • Staff will not pursue a dnve/pazk circle to the west of Airport Road. Airport Road will be kept m its current alignment Staff will update the Boazd on February 13 w~th regard to temporary matenals issue and will update the Boazd at the February 26 meetmg on the enUre issue. VII. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION/INFORMATION ,_~., ~ A. Wonderland Creek Greenways Project through the Valmont City Park Presenter: Annie Noble, Interim Greenways Coordinator Noble provided the Board with responses to questions raised at the December 18, 2000 PRAB meehn~. Boazd comments and questions Dooley asked if the temporary bndge could be w~der than ten feet. Noble responded that it could come in any desired mdth. Dooley said she thought that a temporary bndge that was 27 feet wide could suffice for the bicycle path and remain as a permanent bndge. Bernhardt added that onginally the bradge was to be a significant archuectural feature zn the park, similar to the bridge that the county designed on Pearl Parkway, wh~ch was why the cost esnmate for a permanent bndge was $500, 000. Bernhardt said ~f the Board did not want the brtdge to be a sign:ficant archatectural feature in the park, a wtder, temporary brtdge could be ~nstal[ed. Manlove asked about the length of the proposed bndge. Noble responded that ~t was 47 feet long .^-* ,~,. PRAB Meenng 1/29/01 - Page 8 Hoge wanted to make sure that the width of the natural portion of Wonderland Creek drunage could be changed, dependmg on the findmgs of Steve Jones' R'""` study. Noble responded that there was some flex~b~lity ~n where the plants wou[d °'""' be planted. Hoge mquired about flexibihty wrth regazd to the locauon of the ski trail. Bernhardt responded that there could be some flexzb~l~ty w~th the [ocat~on of the ski tra~l but that would necessitate meeting with the sk~ community. Dooley sazd that the ski commumty was not askmg for bluegrass and sazd she thought they preferred native grasses Gary Lacy tnformed the Board and staff that native grasses would work fine for the area wzth the ski traal Board members mquired about the cost of the tempocary bndge. Noble responded that Public Works had agreed to cover the cost of the bredge ~f Parks and Recreakon would pay $10,000, whtch was the cost of a[ow water cross~ng Osbome asked if the ten foot w~de bndge would work for Bobby Noyes and the cychng group. Gnlls responded in the negative. If a parmershtp ~s eventually approved w~th the bike racing group, now called the Community Loop, a 27 foot wide bridge would be requ~red to accommodate the pedestrtan and cychng traffic Bemhazdt mformed the Boazd of a possible coyote hole on the north side of the knoll. As the breedmg time is now and pups would soon follow, rt would be best ~ to discourage the matmg couple from usmg that hole for the commg season ,~ Steve Jones' recommendation was to begm construction as soon as posstble so the arumals would move their home den. Hoge suggested findmg ways to mit~gate disruphon or to make disruptive noises 100 feet away and let the coyotes choose whether or not to use the den. Manlove sazd that one altemative would be to dehberately make a ruckus so the animals would choose to relocate nght away Wming satd that he would not want to delay construction because of the coyotes Dropmski responded that staff would get more mformation on llus issue from Steve Jones Gary Lacy asked to address the Boazd and was allowed to speak. He said that m talks he had with neighbors, the neighbors want the pazk developed as soon as possible Lacy suggested a trail lmk from the pazkmg lot Bernhazdt responded that with the two low water crossmgs, there would be three places where people can cross ~ PRAB Meenng V29/Ol - Page 9 B. Valmont City Park Update ~ Presenters: Chris Dropinski, Director of Parks and Recreation ~ Diana Smith and Teresa Grills, City Liaison [This rtem was heard afrer the Pleasant View Fields Item C] Role of the PRAB and individual board member roles in the PPP nrocess Srmth explazned the role that mdividual Boazd members and the Boazd as a whole might have m the Pubhc/Pnvate Partnerslup Process. Gnlls said that ttus was a way to provide opportumty for partners to have an audience Boazd comments and questions Manlove sazd that mihally the ongomg discussions would need to be kept mformal. He added that a Boazd presence m the meerings might be helpful to provide immed~ate feedback to everyone mvolved. Osbome said she thought the process seemed very open which could help allay cn[icism later on Wmmg expressed concern that unless the phases aze idenhfied there might be islands of people ready to go yet there would be no infrastructure, roads and uul~ues. Drop~nsk~ responded that the C~ry L~aisons would grapple with rhose ~ issues and bnng forward only pro~ects that make sense Wmmg asked if the Boazd should consider a bond issue for some up front fundmg Smeth replted that the presumpnon has a[ways been that the park could and wou[d fund itself as it went along Osbome said that the Boazd should have more mformahon on this issue after seemg how it works m the next few months. Hoge stated that she does not want to s~mply respond to what others aze bnngmg m, but would hke for the Boazd to bnng ideas to the City Liaisons von Bleichert sud that Boazd mvolvement does seem to be the nght approach as he has felt more comfoRable with the process after havmg me[ wrth the City L,iaisons Manlove volunteered to work wrth the City Liaisons. Osborne expressed appreciation for Hoge's comment that Board members should have a more acuve role and suggested a study session [At the 2/26/O1 PRAB meeUng Osborne said she d~d not thmk a study session was needed.] Smith encouraged Board members to present the~r tdeas at any ttme that was converaent for them ~ ~ PRAB Meenng 1/29/Ol - Page 10 Valmont Park Wildlife Habitat Assessment ~,,,,,, Boazd members expressed appreciahon for the study and felt rt was money well ~, spent. .Toint study session on Valmont Citv Park - Februarv 13, 2001 Dropmski outhned the request for mformation from City Council as follows 1. Background on how programmmg decisions were made relatmg to the acqms~tion of the srte and the development of the concept plan 2 Background and descriphon of the Publtc Pnvate Partnerslup approach develop for Valmont 3 As much mformation as can be prov~ded regarding the wildlife habitat assessment. 4 An update on the Boazd's decision tomght on the Phase I wnstruction Hoge said she diddt thmk that Valmont was to be discussed at the study session Dropmski explamed that the first part of the study session was the Environmental Audit Two members of the EAB and two members of the PRAB would be mvited to sit with Council members dunng that portion of the meetmg It was determmed that Hoge and von Bleichert would sit with Council members for that portion of the meetmg Dropmski explamed that the second part of the meetmg would be about Valmont ,~ and that the enhre Boazd was mvited to be mvolved 't... von Bleichert suggested that Steve Jones attend the study session to answer any questions that might come up Wmmg sazd he would amve late - probably for the second poRion of the study session. C. Pleasant View Fields Issues and Impact on Maintenance and Operations Presenters: Doug Hawthome, Parks Superintendent Linda Kotowski, Recreation Superintendent Teri Olander, Athletics Administrator Dave Brown, Sports Turf Manager Hawthorne gave on overview of the tustory of Pleasant View Fields from concepuon m 1992 until present day Olander spoke about the operations and schedulmg of the fields. Brown addressed the issues of managmg the turf and repainng damage. Boazd comments and yueshons: ~'"~ Dooley asked Olander if the fence would ehmmate the problems. Olander repked ~" that she thought ~t wou[d el~m~nate 90% of the problems PRAB Meenng 1/29/Ol - Page i l Hoge asked for clanfication on frost damage Brown responded that frost alone ~ does not damage turf, rather frost plus walk~ng, ~ogg~ng or btcyclzng on the turf ~„ causes damage Hawthorne stated that if multi use of the fields was pemutted, it would be too difficul[ to mazntam the fields at the current high standards . As a result the mamtenance standazds m~ght have to be lowered to those of a pazk Manlove and Osbome sazd the soccer complex is mtended for special use and needs to be mamtazned as best possible Both asked what would be the best way to protect the fields Brown stated that at public meeungs staff had suggested a gravel fines track azound the penmeter for~oggmg and walkmg Dooley asked what was the response to a runnmg track. Olander stated that most people were not opposed to the gravel fines track. She sa~d the ma~or ob~ecaon was that people wanted to throw fnsbees for their dogs von Bleichert hked the phased approach where access would be restncted at hmes when damage could occur He hoped that education and self policmg would keep damage to a nummum If damage conUnued, people would have to know that a fence would be constructed ~ Manlove suggested education as a way to commumcate the potential damage. ~ Dooley suggested putung a goal m the pazk next door for people to use and kick balls mto the net. Wming asked if other pazks have the same type of vandahsm. Olander responded that Stazio and East Mapleton do not have as much of a problem with vandalism. Kotowski sazd the Boazd seemed to support the use of addiuonal staff ume to further explore options idenrified regazdmg the use of Pleasant View Fields. Kotowski sud she also heazd two other ideas: the educac~onal piece and phasmg If the fence were mstalled, there would be hmes idenhfied for the fence to be unlocked Hoge said she hoped that staff could come up with somettung other than fencmg She suggested a sacnfice field and Olander rephed that there was a field at Palo Pazk. The Board satd they would hke a tour of Pleasant View. Dropmski said that staff would retum [o the Boazd with tlus issue at the Mazch meeung. PRAB Meenng 1/29/Ol - Page 12 D. Department's 2001 goals and work plan Presenter: Chris Dropinski, Director of Parks and Recreation ~ Dropmski asked Board members to identify items one through three m the cover memo and get that mformauon to staff pnor to the February meetmg. VIII. Future Board Items and Tours Board Tour of Pleasant View Fields -[o be scheduled pnor to the Apn12 meetmg March 26 meehng rescheduled to Apnl 2 IX. NEXT BOARD MEETING February 26, 2001 XII. ADJOURN Meehng ad~ourned at 1.03 a m APPROVED BY PARKS AND RECREATION ADVISORY BOARD• `~-- (~ ~~t~ Gwen Dooley Boazd Vice-Cha~r Attest: _ ( Georgia ckso Recordmg Secretary ~,^"'~ s.. PRAB Meetmg I/29/Ol - Page 13